Sweet Sounds for the Soul

Loading...

G's Favorite Photos

Gwen Sutton - View my favorites on Flickriver

Monday, December 1, 2008

My Anchor My Rock!


As the ship sails across the deep blue sea
I look for land, but none I see.
Was blinded by the fog, very thick,
I fear I'm lost.
Could feel the dampness in the air.
Do I drift along and continue
What if I crash along the way.
Or do I search and seek and stumble
Or shall I reach for the anchor and wait
And just when I began to drop my anchor-
Look! Can it be, what do I see, can it really be
Yes, the fog is lifting, I can find my way.
Was not so far- right there, right there
And now I see, the land just ahead of me as
I sail through the bright blue sea!

gls/12/08-

1 comment:

Ana Ribeiro said...

Hi there,

I write for the Star-News in Wilmington, NC, and have a poetry blog at poets.starnewsonline.com. I was wondering if you could share some of your poems with me so I could post them there? I'd give you attribution, of course, and it'd be cool to put a little something about you - like where you live, what you do for a living and why/when you began to write poetry - as an introduction.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ana Ribeiro
ana.ribeiro@starnewsonline.com

Smooth Jazz